The Importance of Healthy Dieting
As the proverb says, we are what we eat. This is true in all aspects of our lives: appearance, shape of body, physical health, and state of all our inner systems and organs. And of course, this is true for men’s sexual system. It is necessary to keep in mind that in general, the male reproductive system is one of the most vulnerable systems in the entire body. To be more exact, it is the most sensitive to all external and internal fluctuations. It immediately reacts to changes in lifestyle and nutrition. Thus, to preserve sexual health for as long as possible a man should consume the right food. But what does that mean – the “right” food? Let’s try to find out.
What Is “Junk” Food?
You’ve probably heard the expression “junk food,” which is sometimes also called “garbage” or “empty” food. As you have probably guessed (and as the name implies), this food is not healthy.
Commonly, nutrition specialists refer to the following types of food as “junk”:
- food products with a high content of refined sugar (cookies, candies, Cola, lemonade, etc.)
- food with a high content of refined flour (white bread, pasta)
- food containing trans fats (fast food, chips, ready-made pizza, biscuits and a lot of other products).
Why are these products called “junk food”? This is because they contain minimum healthy components like vitamins, minerals and fiber, but they also contain a lot of calories. People regularly consuming a lot of garbage foods often suffer from obesity, have elevated cholesterol, clogged blood vessels, problems with their gastric tracts and livers, and many less evident health disorders. All of this can’t help but influence sexual function. In particular, problems with blood vessels cause erectile dysfunction, and obesity is one of the reasons for reduced testosterone.
What Is the “Right” Food?
Don’t be desperate. A healthy nutritional pattern does not mean that you can eat only raw vegetables. On the contrary, a well-balanced diet should be diverse and include all types of food. Here is a comprehensive list of food products that a healthy man can consume without any fears.
- Despite a lot of myths circulating around eggs, it is a unique product, containing a range of vital nutrients and vitamins. The recommended dose – two eggs per day, ideally – should be consumed in the morning.
- Green vegetables. These are a must. Even if you don’t like vegetables, find a way to add them into your daily diet. A portion of green salad per day will strengthen your heart, clean up vessels and improve libido and potency.
- If you can’t live without meat, here’s good news for you – meat is crucial for normal functioning of men’s sexual system. Contrary to popular myth, not only white meat is healthy. Red meat (beef, pork and lamb) increases sex drive and raises testosterone. But try to opt for baked and boiled meat instead of roast.
- All types of beans contain vital amino acids that improve the quality of sperm cells and strengthen men’s health. They contain natural fats and proteins that have a prominent positive impact on sexual power. Moreover, they act as aphrodisiacs.
- Seafood. Some sorts of sea fish contain unique fatty acids and healthy proteins as well as phosphor, zinc and other crucial nutrients. Oysters and crabs are well-known aphrodisiacs. Seafood is a compulsory component of a healthy diet for men. Not only is seafood delicious, but it has a strong positive effect on vessels and heart. It is rich in flavonoids and has prominent antioxidant properties. They prevent cholesterol imbalance, make vessels more elastic, and improve circulation.
As you see, healthy dieting for a healthy man doesn’t include many restrictions. In fact, you can eat what you want. Specialists recommend split meals – eat four to six times per day in small portions. Practicing such an approach, you can make your nutritional pattern really diverse and well-balanced.